The Rugby Union Academy has 4 different options available:
- Holiday Program
- International Coaching Experience Camp
- International Coaching Clinic
- International Coaching Seminar
The Holiday Program is a 2-day coaching clinic run during the school holidays. The Holiday Program caters for players from ages 7 – 18 years old and is split into two categories: Introduction Into Rugby and The Academy.
Introduction Into Rugby
Introduction Into Rugby is a fun, active and game orientated program aimed to introduce, educate and improve the skills of young rugby players in age groups u7's - u12's. Skill development is essential for young players to learn about rugby, however, it can be boring. Young players want to play games, be involved and have fun. That is why in the Introduction Into Rugby Program, we focus on game orientated learning and skill development. This way, players are learning and developing the essential skills of rugby, while still enjoying themselves in the company of others and having fun.
The Academy is aimed towards rugby players age groups of u13's and older who are looking to get the edge over their competitors. Training's are drill, skill and technique based sessions developed to help improve player’s knowledge and skills, who are coached by experienced and accredited rugby coaches.
INTERNATIONAL COACHING EXPERIENCE CAMP
The International Coaching Experience Camp comprises of a number of consecutive days/weeks of training's aimed at educating and building on skills and techniques whereby players attend a camp. Whilst on the camp, players will also get to explore and experience Tasmania by attending a number of excursions. The International Coaching Experience Camp can be tailored to your needs based on your players age and ability.
This camp includes:
⁃ Your nominated days/weeks of rugby coaching
⁃ Meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner daily)
⁃ SMART Rugby Accreditation
⁃ Knowledge of the laws of rugby
⁃ Knowledge of rugby nutrition
⁃ Knowledge of rugby recovery
⁃ Knowledge of position specifics
⁃ Knowledge of rugby structure
⁃ Development of rugby skills
⁃ Development of rugby fitness
⁃ Development of rugby techniques
⁃ Players will also have the opportunity to complete assessments on rugby modules.
Players will need to arrange:
⁃ Rugby boots and protective gear (mouth guard)
⁃ Laptop computer
⁃ Travel Insurance
⁃ Spending money
This camp is for age groups of u7's through to seniors.
(Players under the age of 18 years old would require one guardian for every 10 players that attend)
(Players 18 years and older do not require a guardian)
There would need a minimum of 20 players per age category per camp.
INTERNATIONAL COACHING CLINIC
The International Coaching Clinic comprises of The Rugby Union Academy coming to you, and coaching your players/team at your venue. The International Coaching Clinic can be tailored to your players/teams needs based on their age and ability. You tell us what your focus areas are, and we will plan the training's accordingly. Options include training sessions on skills, techniques, speed, agility, fitness, nutrition, position specific and kicking coaching.
INTERNATIONAL COACHING SEMINAR
The International Coaching Seminar comprises of The Rugby Union Academy coming to you, and holding a coaching seminar at your venue.
We can run:
- Beginner Coaches Coaching Seminars focussing on educating new coaches to the game of rugby, giving them the tools on how to plan and implement quality coaching sessions.
- Junior Players Coaching Seminars whereby we educate coaches to run fun, active and game orientated programs aimed to introduce, educate and improve the skills of young rugby players aged 6 – 11 years old. This way, players learn and develop the essential skills of rugby, while still enjoying themselves in the company of others and have fun.
- Intermediate/Senior Players Coaching Seminars whereby we educate coaches aimed towards coaching rugby players age groups of 12 years and older and older, focussing on drill, skill and technique based sessions.
- Advanced Coaching Seminars focussing on developing the coaches coaching philosophy, knowledge of drills, techniques, tactics, game plan and even help build a season plan.
All of these seminars are run by experienced and accredited rugby coaches.